I have to say that this is a day to remember. It has been long coming and I am personally elated to have wittnessed the inauguration of now president Barack H. Obama.
I was very impressed by the very moving speech that he gave. It was one of reality and encouragement. He was very direct with who was to blame but who could make the changes necessary to rebuild our nation, We the People.
What would it have been like to elect an african american president years ago? I dont honestly think it would have been possible. Too many things were necessary to be in place for that to happen. It took this long (unfortunately) for this too happen, but it has! It has happened and now we can start rebuilding this country and making it what all know America to be, the best country to live in.
It has been quite a day for all who voted. For those of you that did, I applaud you for doing your part and letting your voice be heard. For all of you that did not, you have nothing to complain about. As a good friend of mine said, "voting gives you the right to bitch...". I agree totally. If you voted and your guy/girl did/didn't win, you can hip-hip-horray or nay-nay-nay about it when policies and things pass/don't pass. And if you didn't vote. Get out next time and make yourself heard. That is the only way that "We the People" can make a difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment